Memory into Blessings: Gathering for Bereaved Parents
November 3 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
We invite bereaved parents, close relatives, friends supporting grieving families, religious leaders, and mental health professionals. We aim to provide a supportive environment where healing can occur through
Jewish teachings’ perspectives and the power of creative expression.
Friday, November 3, 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm
- Virtual conversation with Congressman Jamie Raskin on how his grief for his son Tommy z”l inspires his political activism.
- Shabbat Services with Kiddish to follow.
Saturday, November 4, 1:00 pm – 7:30 pm
- 1:00 pm–3:00 pm Optional gatherings for dialogue (for bereaved parents only).
- 7:00 pm A short Havdalah service incorporating the memory of our children.
- 7:30 pm A gritty and impactful one-person performance by Colin Campbell, whose grief for his children Ruby z”l and Hart z”l informs his work as a writer.
Sunday, November 5, 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- 1:00 pm–4:00 pm Multiple experiential workshops, small group gatherings, traditional rituals, and more…
- 4:00 pm Closing circle and the reciting of the Mourner’s Kaddish.
This event is a gift to the community from: