Job Posting – Director of Technology
We are seeking a highly innovative, forward-leading professional to support and enhance the delivery of our spiritual, academic, and community services. Direct experience in the nonprofit and/or education sector will be key to your ability to source, design, and implement a range of solutions to optimize our operational flow and the impact of our programs. This includes the planning, implementation, maintenance, support and security of organization-wide technology, networks, and applications for our students, staff, and congregants. Take a macro as well as a micro view of technology in our non-profit environment; “dream big” along with colleagues as to what technology could be in our community aligned with the practical nature of our budget and resources. You’ll report to our Executive Director, supervise a Technology and Media Specialist, and work in collaboration with our staff of 120 full-time employees.
ABOUT TEMPLE ISRAEL OF HOLLYWOOD (TIOH)
We create a welcoming, warm, diverse, and inclusive community that honors the traditions of Judaism while embracing the innovative principles of the Reform Movement so that every member can engage in Jewish life in an environment that prioritizes Torah (learning), Avodah (spiritual growth), G’milut Chasidim (acts of loving kindness), Tikkun Olam (social action), the arts, and meaningful opportunities for personal connection to our Jewish community and the State of Israel. TIOH is home to three vibrant schools – Bay-Nimoy Early Childhood Center, Briskin Elementary School, and Religious School/Teen Program.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with department heads to design and manage solutions to operational needs that are efficient, cost-effective, and user/congregant friendly. Examples include:
- Congregant (or, Customer) Relations Management tools (currently Blackbaud)
- School and extra-curricular enrollment, attendance, health forms, report cards
- Financial management (accounting, fees, donations)
- Website, marketing, and communication tools
- Provide technical/technology support and stewardship to our schools that enhance teaching and learning
- Procure and manage all technology hardware and software
- Supervise all A/V needs for in-person and online events
- Plan and implement an organization-wide program of local area networks, wide area networks, wireless networks, and telecommunications
- Coach team members with an eye to building capacity
- Co-create and implement technologies, policies, and systems that keep our community safe from cyber threats, online harassment, and on-campus violations
- Administer, maintain, and regularly test the Backup and Disaster Recovery plan
- Develop and administer the technology budget; monitor budget compliance and cost containment. Forecast future budgetary needs.
In Your Toolkit
- Highly organized self-starter
- Proactive and reactive abilities, resolving problems in a timely manner
- Warm, approachable, patient manner.
- Upbeat, positive outlook, as well as a sense of humor.
- Interpersonal skills to supervise employees, independent contractors, and vendors
- Ability to triage in high-pressure situations
- Team oriented
- Clear communicator
- B.A. or B.S.
- 5+ years recent experience in Information Technology
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or similar CRM
- Experience with Microsoft technologies (Azure/Office 365/Windows/Windows Server)
- Experience with Apple and Google education solutions (Chromebook, macOS/iOS)
- Experience with database management and relational databases
- Experience with network administration and security
- Experience in the nonprofit sector and/or in schools
The following qualities are preferred but not required:
- 5+ years experience working in a K-12 school
- M.A. or M.S.
Please send a cover letter and resume of relevant experience to email@example.com. Due to the nature of this role, we are unable to consider TIOH congregants for this position.
|Experience:||Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience|
|Salary Range:||$95,000 – $105,000|
|Preferred Degree:||Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Technology or a related field|
|Job Location:||7300 Hollywood Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90046 | Some remote work can be accommodated|
Temple Israel of Hollywood is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a competitive benefits package that includes, but is not limited to, medical, dental, and vision coverage, life insurance, a 403(b)retirement plan as well as paid vacation and company holidays. The right candidate will follow and remain consistent with our culture, traditions, and core values while addressing the needs of the families we serve with compassion and empathy.Back