Job Posting – B’nai Mitzvah/Events Coordinator
B’nai Mitzvah/Events Coordinator
We are seeking a highly motivating, welcoming, and organized professional to create space for lifecycle events and other programs for our members, partner organizations, and private clients. You will steward our families on the journey as their emerging teenagers become B’nai Mitzvah, create and implement a strategy to market our event spaces for rentals, and coordinate logistical arrangements for designated temple events. The result of your work will be that members and visitors to our community have a safe, meaningful experiences in our space. You’ll report to our Executive Director and Assistant Rabbi, and work in collaboration with a wide variety of our staff members.
ABOUT TEMPLE ISRAEL OF HOLLYWOOD (TIOH)
We create a welcoming, warm, diverse, and inclusive community that honors the traditions of Judaism while embracing the innovative principles of the Reform Movement so that every member can engage in Jewish life in an environment that prioritizes Torah (learning), Avodah (spiritual growth), G’milut Chasidim (acts of loving kindness), Tikkun Olam (social action), the arts, and meaningful opportunities for personal connection to our Jewish community and the State of Israel. TIOH is home to three vibrant schools – Bay-Nimoy Early Childhood Center, Briskin Elementary School, and Religious School/Teen Program.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Guide our families on preparations for the ritual ceremony and onsite celebration as their emerging teenagers become a B’nai Mitzvah:
- Manage logistics leading up to the ceremony and oversee the day-of flow
- Collaborate with the Assistant Rabbi on updating ritual contracts and forms
- Schedule ceremony dates
- Coordinate cohort orientations and group programs
- Liaison between the clergy and B’nai Mitzvah families for all required meetings
- Connect families with our Lead Tutor and assist with extra tutoring arrangements if needed
- Coordinate on-site room rentals for B’nai Mitzvah celebrations
- Steward a smooth celebration for families by coordinating with vendors to ensure temple protocols and policies are followed
- Partner with clergy and other temple staff to continue evolving and adapting our B’nai Mitzvah program
- Create and implement a marketing plan to optimize onsite lifecycle and event rentals. Collaborate with the Executive Director to set and implement rental rates and procedures
- Collaborate with the Executive Director to set and implement rental rates and procedures
- Coordinate rental agreements and logistical arrangements with renters, accounting staff, and facility/security staff
- Work with the communications and technology staff to keep temple website pages on life cycle events and rentals up to date
- Maintain a high level of congregant/customer-friendly service, assess levels of satisfaction, and make adjustments where needed.
- Be a front-facing, positive presence on our campus before, during, and after events.
- Assist temple clergy, administrative staff, and programming staff with various logistical arrangements for designated temple events, such as:
- Parking arrangements, meals, and floral arrangements on the High Holidays
- Catering, parking, and/or floral arrangements for community-wide events, board meetings, and staff appreciation events
- Contribute to our team in other ways related to this work as the position grows.
In Your Toolkit
- Highly organized self-starter
- Warm, inviting, upbeat manner
- Clear and timely communication skills
- Proactive and reactive abilities, resolving problems in a timely manner
- Interpersonal skills to work with members, co-workers, and vendors
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- High school diploma; college degree preferred
- 3+ years recent experience in event planning, faith-based ritual/programming, project management, hospitality, or a related field
- Availability for a work week schedule that will typically be five days a week, including Saturdays (example: Tuesday thru Saturday)
- Please send a cover letter and resume of relevant experience to email@example.com.
- Due to the nature of this role, we are unable to consider TIOH congregants.
|Experience:||Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience|
|Salary Range:||$67,000 – $72,000|
|Job Location:||Temple Israel of Hollywood, 7300 Hollywood Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90046|
Temple Israel of Hollywood is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a competitive benefits package that includes, but is not limited to, medical, dental, and vision coverage, life insurance, a 403(b)retirement plan as well as paid vacation and company holidays. The right candidate will follow and remain consistent with our culture, traditions, and core values while addressing the needs of the families we serve with compassion and empathy.Back