Job Posting – Jewish Life Office & Program Coordinator
We are seeking an organized, proactive professional with strong interpersonal skills who will serve as the primary liaison between our clergy and constituents. Your success is centered around your ability to ensure that individuals in our community feel seen and heard as we walk with them on their spiritual journey and hold space for them during times of joy and sorrow. You will also help our clergy with the logistical elements of the programs they offer to our community. This position reports directly to our Senior Rabbi, manages a workflow that supports three other clergy members, and interfaces with several staff on our extended professional team.
ABOUT TEMPLE ISRAEL OF HOLLYWOOD (TIOH)
We create a welcoming, warm, diverse, and inclusive community that honors the traditions of Judaism while embracing the innovative principles of the Reform Movement so that every member can engage in Jewish life in an environment that prioritizes Torah (learning), Avodah (spiritual growth), G’milut Chasidim (acts of loving kindness), Tikkun Olam (social action), the arts, and meaningful opportunities for personal connection to our Jewish community and the State of Israel.
Jump to: Application Process
1. Create a welcoming, responsive, and safe atmosphere for congregants and other constituents
- Field a large variety of inquiries from TIOH members and other constituents
- Receive and screen calls and visitors to the clergy offices
- Represent our clergy with care and keep personal information in strict confidence
2. Manage a system to help our clergy track, acknowledge, and provide support around life-cycle occurrences and other peak moments of need in the lives of our members, including:
- Design and maintain a system to notify clergy and appropriate staff of life cycle emergencies and pastoral needs
- Keep track of clergy reach-outs and contact with congregants with pastoral needs
- Work closely with Communications Director to coordinate outreach on behalf of clergy when our families lose a loved one
- Work closely with Communications Director on lists of names for Misheberach (prayer for healing) and Kaddish (memorial prayer) on a weekly basis.
- Make pastoral phone calls to check in with members on behalf of the clergy and TIOH.
- Communicate with our chesed committee and its leaders to provide direct support to community members.
3. Work with clergy to implement Jewish Life programs.
- Help clergy implement their vision for Shabbat and holiday services
- Assist clergy with plans for adult learning and other programmatic initiatives
- Work with our Communications Director to generate target lists for Jewish Life programs based on prior attendance and member interests
- Track attendance and coordinate pre-program communication
- Coordinate program flow, facility set-ups, food/beverage, supplies, and expense reports.
4. Manage our Senior Rabbi’s calendar
- Schedule and confirm appointments
- Brief the senior rabbi daily and weekly on upcoming appointments
- Assist with preparation and follow-up as needed
- Work with our Development Director to schedule meetings and communication with donors on behalf of our Senior Rabbi
- Assist with travel arrangements as needed
4. Maintain attendance records and manage logistics for programs (study sessions, retreats, etc.) led by our clergy
- Record attendance
- Work with our Communications Director to generate target lists based on prior attendance and the expressed interests of our community members
- Manage logistics for programs and retreats led by clergy (book rooms/venues, manage registration, coordinate schedules/meals/housing, etc.)
5. Provide other administrative and program support as delegated by the Senior Rabbi and Executive Director in areas such as:
- Prepare expense reports and reimbursements for clergy
- Acknowledge donations made in honor or memory of people in the community
- Serve as staff presence at some TIOH programs and some Shabbatot
- Manage filing, copying, data entry, and inventory/supplies
Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to interact openly and compassionately with a wide variety of people
- Ability to interact with all staff members with kindness and integrity
- Ability to multitask and manage and track a wide variety of tasks in an organized and efficient manner
- Experience planning programs and managing a range of logistical details
- Strong written communication skills and affinity for proofreading and attention to detail
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher), Google Suite, experience working with databases
- Critical thinker and a proactive doer who sees ways to strengthen our operations
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively as part of a team
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment
- Affinity for inspiration-driven management
- Good sense of humor
Please send a cover letter and resume of relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the nature of this role, we are unable to consider TIOH congregants as new hires.
|Duration:||32-hours/4-days a week|
|Experience:||Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience|
|Salary Range:||$32.45 – 34.85 per hour + Benefits|
|Job Location:||Temple Israel of Hollywood, 7300 Hollywood Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90046|
Temple Israel of Hollywood is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a competitive benefits package that includes, but is not limited to, medical, dental, and vision coverage, life insurance, a 403(b) retirement plan as well as paid vacation and company holidays. The right candidate will follow and remain consistent with our culture, traditions, and core values while addressing the needs of the families we serve with compassion and empathy.Home